Hot Topic Tuesday - Giving Back
Hey, Family! Thanksgiving Week our hot topic is, "Beans, Greens, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Lamb, Rams, Hogs, Dogs, Chicken, Turkeys, Rabbits...you name it"! LOL! Just kidding.
Our topic today is about "Giving Back". I'm very into giving back as often as I can but especially during the holidays as we show love to those who are less fortunate. It is a way of showing how grateful we are to God for what we have. It may not be everything I would like it to be, but as our Inspiring Quote for today infers, there are people in this world who have less than we do.
I would like to hear from you today about how you and your family, your church, your community give back for the holidays, and all year round. Call me at 1-888-331-1210 and share with us.
Also if you know someone in need please share their information with me and how we as a body of believers can help. Please share information with me via Email.
I found this article on Christianity.com and thought it was really good on why we should give. Read the list and hopefully, it blesses and encourages you to give more and more. See the link to the entire story below.
1. Giving obeys God’s command
2. Giving submits to God’s Lordship
3. Giving exhibits God’s heart
4. Giving illustrates God’s salvation
5. Giving trusts God’s provision
6. Giving widens God’s smile
7. Giving advances God’s kingdom
8. Giving promotes God’s sanctification
9. Giving testifies to God’s power
10. Giving praises God’s character
I compiled a list of 10 ideas, based on research and also some things my family have done in the past and also plan to do this year as a way of giving back. Happy Giving!
1. Random Acts of Kindness
2. Pack stockings for homeless people
3. Clean out the toy box and donate to children
4. Visit a nursing home, hospital, youth home, jail
5. Adopt a family to bless
6. Donate food and or time to a food bank
7. Send holiday cards to active-duty military and veterans
8. Take food to people who work over the holidays
9. Take on a bigger cause
10. Visit Serve.gov